Human Face of Big Data Synopsis
With the rapid emergence of digital devices, an unstoppable, invisible force is changing human lives in ways from the microscopic to the gargantuan: Big Data, a word that was barely used a few years ago but now governs the day for many of us from the moment we awaken to the extinguishing of the final late-evening light bulb.
This massive gathering and analyzing of data in real time is allowing us to not only address some of humanity’s greatest challenges but helping create a new kind of planetary nervous system.
But as the rise of social media, data mining and the loss of privacy has shown, the accessibility of all this data comes at a steep price.
This award-winning film captures the peril and promise of this extraordinary knowledge revolution.
MEDIA OUTREACH SUMMARY
Our PR team conducted a comprehensive publicity campaign to national, regional, and niche media on behalf of THE HUMAN FACE OF BIG DATA to amplifying the film’s message of individual responsibility in the digital revolution.
The campaign included the creation and distribution of press materials, pitching of key spokespeople, filmmakers and experts for interviews surrounding events and rigorous outreach and follow-up to the following media:
- 650 National TV/Radio Producers
- 700 TV/Entertainment Print Reporters in Top 50 U.S. markets
- 800 Science & Technology Media (National/Regional)
- 725 Regional Media (5 Event Markets) – TV/Radio/Print media at TCA/Television Critics Press Tour + screening event markets (LA, San Fran/San Jose, Seattle, Minneapolis/St Paul)
- 525 Regional Media (Talent Markets) – TV/Radio/Print in local markets with featured experts/talent (Boston, Connecticut, New Jersey, NYC, DC, Silicon Valley)
52.5 Million = TOTAL ESTIMATED MEDIA IMPRESSIONS
- 14 Million = Electronic Media (TV viewers/Radio listeners combined)
- 7 Million = Print Media (daily circulations combined)
- 2 Million = Online/Digital Media (daily users combined)
- 6 Million = Social Media (Twitter coverage only; top tweets by media and influencers)